BA Hons, Cert. Counselling, Dip HE Counselling, BACP Senior registered counsellor
Over a 20+ year career I have also undertaken lots of further professional development. Senior Accreditation with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy is an endorsement of my many years of experience.
I am registered with the UK Network for Mindfulness Based Teachers which is a voluntary collective of mindfulness training providers formed to ensure that people who wish to learn mindfulness can find a properly trained and qualified practitioner. To gain registration with this body I had to demonstrate an appropriate level of training, experience, ongoing supervision of my work, and that I am insured, undertake continuing professional development and have my own established mindfulness practice.
My training to teach mindfulness includes:
- Teacher Training at The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University
- Trained to teach .b program for 11-18s by The Mindfulness in Schools project
- Teaching mindfulness skills for counsellors by Stanton Psychological Services
- 8 week MBSR/MBCT course with Mindful Medicine, Nottingham
- Developing mindfulness in Higher Education at Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford University
- A compassionate approach to the forms and functions of self-criticism with Professor Paul Gilbert
- Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive training with Chris Germer and Kristin Neff, Netherlands
- Personal retreats with Mindful Medicine, Gaia house, Tara Kadampa and Sharpham house and barn (UK)