BA Hons, Cert. Counselling, Dip HE Counselling, BACP Senior registered counsellor
Over a 25+ year career I have also undertaken lots of further professional development. Senior Accreditation with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy is an endorsement of my many years of experience.
I also completed The Essentials of Sexual Minority Therapy in 2009 with Pink Therapy, London and have continued to update my knowledge and expertise in working with Gender, Sex and Relationship Diverse people since then. I am a proud member of the LGBTQIA+ community and am happy to discuss my lived experience and learned expertise with you in the interests of determining if I am the best person to help you.
In the past I have registered with the British Association for Mindfulness Based Approaches which is a voluntary collective of mindfulness training providers formed to ensure that people who wish to learn mindfulness can find a properly trained and qualified practitioner. To gain registration with this body I had to demonstrate an appropriate level of training, experience, ongoing supervision of my work, and that I am insured, undertake continuing professional development and have my own established mindfulness practice. Although I no longer belong to this organisation I maintain the same standards required.
My training to teach mindfulness includes:
- Teacher Training at The Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice, Bangor University
- Trained to teach .b program for 11-18s by The Mindfulness in Schools project
- Teaching mindfulness skills for counsellors by Stanton Psychological Services
- 8 week MBSR/MBCT course with Mindful Medicine, Nottingham
- Developing mindfulness in Higher Education at Oxford Mindfulness Centre, Oxford University
- A compassionate approach to the forms and functions of self-criticism with Professor Paul Gilbert
- Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive training with Chris Germer and Kristin Neff, Netherlands
- Personal retreats with Mindful Medicine, Gaia house, Tara Kadampa and Sharpham house and barn (UK)