Based on the bestselling book and developed by clinical psychologists at Oxford University, the course combines mindfulness with cognitive psychology.
The “Finding Peace in a Frantic World” course is designed especially to make mindfulness accessible to even the busiest people! Maximum benefit with short practices of around 10 minutes.
This is an 8 week course to help you achieve a mindfulness practice compatible with a busy life which still helps you feel calmer, clearer and more in control. 8 weekly meetings of 1-1.5 hours duration plus short daily practices at home. Taught in a small group setting.
Starts Thursday 30th January – 26th March 2020, 7-8.30pm (Half term break: 20th February 2020)
The course will cover:
- Week 1 Waking up to the autopilot
- Week 2 Keeping the body in mind
- Week 3 The mouse in the maze
- Week 4 Moving beyond the rumour mill
- Week 5 Turning towards difficulties
- Week 6 Trapped in the past or living in the present?
- Week 7 When did you stop dancing?
- Week 8 Your wild and precious life
Venue: Middle Street Resource Centre, 74 Middle Street, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2AR
Please note: this course is for 18+ and you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire to make sure it is suitable for you at this time.
You will need to get a copy of the book to accompany the course: http://bit.ly/bookFPinFW